Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Apple Crisp for Two

So, one of the most important things about me is that I love sweets. I dream of creating incredible desserts on a regular basis. This whole vegan attempted transition makes one of my deep loves one of my deepest challenges. No eggs?! No milk?! No cream cheese?! Oh no...

I'm still sorting out what my decision concerning desserts will be. Since desserts are treats, I have thought that maybe it would be ok to enjoy them a few times a month just like we've agreed to eat "normal" meals a few times a month. But in the meanwhile, I made this incredible apple crisp the other day that would be a wonderful treat with a cup of coffee.I do have a chocolate mousse made from avocados on the agenda soon. So, who knows, I may fall in love with creating vegan desserts!


What you need:

3-4 organic apples, sliced and diced (I used gala for their sweetness)
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 T. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup orange juice

Preheat oven to 325. Grease a pie or 8x8 pan and set aside.
Cut up apples and place in a bowl. Pour vanilla, orange juice, and lemon juice over apples and stir well. Combine oats, brown sugar, almonds. cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl.
Combine apple and oat mixtures and stir well. Pour into pan.
Bake for 35-45 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with a cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment